Mr. T Blasts His Own Netflix Documentary During Promotional Tour: ‘It’s Garbage’ bibonsinhaFri, September 4, 2026 at 4:06 AM UTC 0 Photo credit: Netflix WWE Hall of Famer Mr. T gives a brutally honest review of his own Netflix documentary, Untold Mr. T: I Pity the Fool. The 74yearold discusses the documentary with The Guardian while promoting the upcoming episode of Netflix’s Untold series. However, instead of praising the project, Mr. T makes it clear that he is very unhappy with director Scott Weintrob’s approach to his story. Mr.
Mr. T Blasts His Own Netflix Documentary During Promotional Tour: ‘It’s Garbage’

bibonsinhaFri, September 4, 2026 at 4:06 AM UTC
0

Photo credit: Netflix
WWE Hall of Famer Mr. T gives a brutally honest review of his own Netflix documentary, Untold Mr. T: I Pity the Fool.
The 74-year-old discusses the documentary with The Guardian while promoting the upcoming episode of Netflix’s Untold series. However, instead of praising the project, Mr. T makes it clear that he is very unhappy with director Scott Weintrob’s approach to his story.
Mr. T waves off Netflix’s documentary about his life and career
“The documentary pissed me off, because they didn’t cover a lot of stuff. When I saw it I was like: ‘What the heck?’ It’s garbage,” Mr. T says.
According to Mr. T, the documentary spends too much time showing him through the intimidating image fans know from Rocky III, The A-Team and pro wrestling. He feels this leaves out important parts of his life, like his faith, family values, and charitable work.
“You build me up, then you try to punk me out. I said: ‘Wow man, I’m more than that,’” the 74-year-old explains.
One of his biggest complaints involves his pastor. T says his pastor is interviewed for two days but gets only around 30 seconds of screen time in the final documentary. He believes this helps create an unfair picture of who he really is.
“Two days they interviewed my pastor, and he gets 30 seconds. That’s what we call, in the black community, a white man wanting to change the story and control the narrative. If you don’t know me, you’re gonna think I’m some monster,” he says.
Mr. T also disagrees with the documentary’s suggestion that his career declined because of poor business decisions. He insists that money is never his main goal. He says his biggest professional achievement comes when he buys his mother a beautiful home and gets her nice clothes during the 1980s.
“I don’t want to sound cocky or conceited, but if I never made another dollar, if I was never on TV again, all I ever wanted to do is done. All I wanted to do was buy my mother a beautiful house and pretty dresses. I done that in the 80s, so the game was over. It was done. I was already walking away. When they called me for the A-Team, I was at the wrap party for Rocky III. I was told, ‘The producer wants to meet you’, and I was like ‘I’m going home, my work is done. I’ve done Rocky III, I’m going back to what I did.’ My mother told me, ‘Son, there are some things that money just can’t buy.’ Like the poem says, if you can walk with kings and queens and not lose your common touch then you will be a man my son. How many people have sold their soul to the devil, chasing money? I’m not chasing the dollar. I never did,” Mr. T says.
Advertisement
The legendary pro wrestler also defends his decision to take unusual acting roles, including playing a bearded lady in the 1993 cult comedy Freaked. He rejects criticism from his former agent, who believes the role is bad for his career.
“I didn’t have no problem playing Freaked, because we were going against the typecast. Brooke Shields was in it, Keanu Reeves was in it, Randy Quaid was in it. He wants to cut Mr T down. The time that it took to put that part [of the documentary] on, you could have had my pastor speaking about the people I changed in the community, but you don’t show that,” T explained.
He added that the documentary has “an agenda” as it presented contrasting footage of himself in his typical look and then dressed up as a bearded woman.
“Why don’t you show Mr T working with the Make-A-Wish kids? Why don’t you show Mr T being in the army? So we show Mr T tough, and then you show Mr T as the Bearded Lady. See, that’s an agenda. It was a hidden agenda; they had to undercut what I’m about. What a joke!” T added.
The Hall of Famer also admitted he told director Scott Weintrob not to include his agent Young, but the documentary still did. He revealed that he sued Young once because he made some deals without telling T.
“Here’s the bit that really pisses me off. Me and my manager did a conference call with Scott [Weintrob, the director] and he says, ‘What about Peter Young?’ and I said, ‘We had to sue him, so no, nothing to do with him’. Then we started to ask Scott, ‘OK, we wanna see some footage of what we’re doing, because when we do a movie we see dailies’. But he didn’t show it to me. We started filming last year at Easter. I didn’t see the finished product until a month ago. I didn’t see nothing on film. So now I see it, I say: ‘God dammmmmmmmnmn, ain’t this something.’ We told them, ‘Don’t put Peter in my doc’, but he did,” Mr. T said.
To sum up, T’s biggest problem with Untold Mr. T: I Pity the Fool is that he feels the documentary tells viewers who he is instead of showing them who he really is.
Read More: Chris Jericho’s Owen Hart Documentary 10 Years in the Making Nears Release
The post Mr. T Blasts His Own Netflix Documentary During Promotional Tour: ‘It’s Garbage’ appeared first on Wrestlezone.
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: September 4, 2026 at 07:36AM on Source: MORNING MAG
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle