Ryan Clark breaks down in tears as he reflects on cruel ESPN firing Jarrod Castillo Fri, July 24, 2026 at 10:43 PM UTC 0 Ryan Clark was brought to tears as he reflected on his ESPN exit Credit:YouTube: @ThePivotPodcast Ryan Clark couldn&x27;t contain his emotions when asked about his time at ESPN and how it ended. Clark, the former Super Bowl winner, was a pundit with ESPN for over a decade before he was brutally axed by the network in the wake of its merger with NFL Network.
Ryan Clark breaks down in tears as he reflects on cruel ESPN firing

Jarrod Castillo Fri, July 24, 2026 at 10:43 PM UTC
0

Ryan Clark was brought to tears as he reflected on his ESPN exit -Credit:YouTube: @ThePivotPodcast
Ryan Clark couldn't contain his emotions when asked about his time at ESPN and how it ended.
Clark, the former Super Bowl winner, was a pundit with ESPN for over a decade before he was brutally axed by the network in the wake of its merger with NFL Network. The merger also saw a number of ESPN's stars being fired, including former NFL MVP Cam Newton and longtime MLB announcer Karl Ravech.
A number of days after he was fired, Clark spoke more about the impact of the situation, following his post on social media, wishing those affected by the cuts all the best as they look for a new place in sports media.
• Ryan Clark sets record straight on why he didn't finish ESPN show after brutal firing
• Ryan Clark breaks silence after being brutally fired by ESPN mid-show
During an appearance on The Pivot Podcast, Clark was asked if there was anything he would change if he knew he was getting fired or if he left knowing he stayed true to himself. As he pondered his response, the former ESPN star couldn't help but shed tears while recalling his experiences.
"It's a good question," he began. "It depends on when you ask me. When I see people in public, like OGs and like aunties and stuff, and they tell me they proud of me and they proud of like, and they probably like the way I represent the community." As he began to get more and more emotional, he added, "Yeah, I wouldn't change anything because that means the world to me."
As for what he would change, Clark was upfront and stated that he wished he had been more personable with those at the higher levels of the company because of how important networking and building connections are in the sports media industry.

Clark let his emotions out when speaking about the impact he had while working at ESPN -Credit:YouTube: @ThePivotPodcast
"Probably work harder to be who they wanted me to be or build relationships with like bosses or executives because it's just a relationship game," Clark continued on the podcast.
Advertisement
"Like I just see these people on TV who like aren't better than me, but I know I've never been at the tables they've been accepted at. So yeah, there's some things I would do differently."
What's more, the 46-year-old noted that as one of the people of color at the network, his dismissal gave those who doubted him and wanted to see his failure happiness upon seeing the news that he had been let go.
"I feel like there's a group of individuals who wanted to like devalue my voice, who wanted to take away my platform. I feel like I let them win," he concluded.
• ESPN boss sends memo to worried staff after firing stars in ruthless purge
• Pat McAfee receives huge ESPN pay rise amid firing spree
Clark's latest comments come after he took to X to offer his well-wishes to his colleagues who were also affected by the recent cuts.
"Sending prayers and love to all those laid off today by ESPN," his post on X began Tuesday. "So many of you have poured your life into that company, & I know how you’re feeling right now. My hope is as this door closes another opens for you all. God bless!"
What's more, he posted a "Proof of Life" photo carousel on Instagram, showing fans what he was up to before he received word that he had been fired.
"Before the madness of yesterday, I woke up, got in my Tundra, drove to Planet Fitness, and got to work. The rest of the day was eventful, but the journey continues. My peace is with God, and my humility comes from within. I’ll continue to build myself so the world can never strip me of what’s real," his post read.
Source: "AOL Sports"
Source: Sports
Published: July 25, 2026 at 02:28AM on Source: MORNING MAG
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle